City of Whittlesea Nature Strip Policy
This council is clearly not keen so staying well within the guidelines. Nature Strip Modification Permit and fee required before planting.
- Applicable only to nature strips in urban areas.
- If renting, gain the approval of the property owner or management body.
- If the nature strip contains a water sensitive urban design (WSUD) treatment the resident must not interfere with it in any way.
- Plant maximum height of 300 mm
- Council encourages the use of native plant species and considers that native wildflowers and groundcovers, correctly maintained, would be suitable.