This is not a hierarchical structure. Every local project is independently run and needs a local champion with the drive, enthusiasm and skills to bring the scheme to their area.
Projects can be run as social enterprises, a division in an existing organisation or business, or even as a new micro-business.
Champions can work within the project, or provide guidance as a director or committee member.
Benefits to the Champion
- Opportunity to use skills for the benefit of their community.
- Opportunity to network and learn new skills.
- Opportunity to put research into practice or engage in further research
- Opportunity to work for a cause that they care about
- Planning, marketing, seeking funds
- Engaging with the Shady Lanes network
- Liaise with councils and other stakeholders
- Ensure legal compliance
- Monitor the success of the project and adapt where necessary
- Seek funding and complete acquittals of grants